Monday, December 13, 2021

Battery Configuration

I've considered many configurations, I have started doing the final battery layout.  1400 cells total configured in four-packs total.



Front Battery Set: These are two 20S9P 2.7 kWh packs stacked vertically.  I color-coded the cells in the same parallel string the same (red, purple, blue, green, white).  This battery pack does a serpentine up, down, zig-zag from left to right flipping and s +/- up every other string.  A smaller copper bus bar will be used here on the flips to keep the batteries in the parallels balanced.


The wing battery pack is long and thin, it's designed to fit in the wing leading edge.  It's configured 20S26P, 7.9 kWh each (one in each wing).  The leading edge will be hollowed out to accept this pack from the root prior to assembling the wing.

On this wing battery pack, they are configured in parallel groupings of 2x13.  I'm using aluminum bus bars running down the middle of the set of two cells.  Connecting the battery to the bus is 24GA (10Amp) fusing wire spot welded from the battery ends to the bus bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow going

This project has been a slow burner.  Mostly because I'm eating in the FAA to get my registration transferred.  But I'm ...