Friday, December 17, 2021

Updates: Motors, Batteries & Controller purchases

All major components are purchased!

I now have on order both motors, the last controller, the last set of batteries...

Motors 

Two brushless 238x100mm motors of 50kw peak (30kw continuous) power have been purchased!

Motor Controller

I purchased a 120V 600A peak 200A continuous 3-phase programmable motor controller.   My other controller is a 72v 440A peak 200A continuous.  I wanted two different controllers on purpose to have different failure loads and modes.

Batteries

The first batch of 600 cells looked very good.  So I purchased the second half, 800 more.  For practice, I'm building a 6S40P 17680 assorted laptop battery pack for my off-grid hangar solar system.  I want something big, not huge, and most importantly, not flying to get some learnings on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow going

This project has been a slow burner.  Mostly because I'm eating in the FAA to get my registration transferred.  But I'm ...