Thursday, December 23, 2021

Upgrades

Motor Controller Upgrade

The motor controller I had selected was not appropriate.  It had the right voltage and current, but the continuous power rating would have been an issue for it.  Working with the supplier I bumped up the controller to a larger model which has a higher current rating and a much higher sustained power rating 18kw.





Motor Upgrade

I worked with the engine manufacturer to have them do the custom engineering work to coaxially mount the two 238100 motors I purchased.  I was planning to do this myself, but it was very reasonable to have them do that work and it's one less thing I will need to figure out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow going

This project has been a slow burner.  Mostly because I'm eating in the FAA to get my registration transferred.  But I'm ...